Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sadness

As I write this, I just got done watching the special convocation at Virginia Tech. So much sadness. This is also a week for sadness for me for many reasons. The shootings at Columbine happened this week, a friend of mine died yesterday morning, it's the first anniversary of the death of another good friend, who's husband my roommate and I take care of. However, the one that seems to be hitting me the hardest right now is the anniversary of the death of my husband. It will be 3 years this Friday the 20th, but it seems both longer and shorter than that. Time is a funny thing in grief. It moves swiftly, and at the same time stands still.

Reed would have been happy to see me start this business and I know he gives me ideas for my rosaries and jewelry. He had such a talent for color and design! I know that if he was alive now, we'd be selling his oil paintings instead of my jewelry. I think of all the ways my life has changed in the three years since his death, and I think of how different it would have been if he was still here. I also Thank God that Reed is home with Him and no longer struggling here on this earth! As I watched another class of RCIA join the Church this Easter at the Vigil, I thought about when Reed was received in the church in his hospital room, and a week later we were married in that same room on Palm Sunday. Two weeks later he was dead. Joy and Sadness. Life and Death. I guess this is my time of year to ponder these things.

As I pray for those affected by the shootings both today and at Columbine, the friends I've lost and their families, I also remember what wonderful years Reed and I had together and how thankful I am to God for putting him in my life. I also know that God has more plans for me that involves carrying on some of the work Reed started working with migrant families to help make their lives easier.

I guess this week is a time out of time for me and likely to be that way for many years to come.
Happy Wedding Anniversary, Reed, and Happy Anniversary of your day of going home to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home