Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Banners, Buttons, Logos,........A new step for me.




A friend of mine agreed to barter some jewelry for her work on some banners, buttons and a logo for me. You can see her work here: http://www.tickledpinkdesignz.com
She's still working on the logo, but that should be done fairly soon. Check out what she's made for me so far! The ones above are the buttons and I'm working on the banners but they don't seem to want to be uploaded. Nothing unusual in that for me. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with my computer. There are just some days when it doesn't pay to try and work on it and this is turning out to be one of them. Lets see if I can at least post a picture of one of the necklaces she chose.
Hurray!!! It worked! The other one I don't have a picture of, but it was a birthstone necklace with the colors of her son's birthday, hers and her husbands. It was done in cubic zirconia and Swarovski crystal.
OK, I'm going to try the banners again, but I have a feeling I may have to do that in another post.
No such luck. Guess I'm going to have to work on that another day.

I'm working on some earrings for some goody bags that are going to Hollywood, and also another wire wrapped rosary to donate to our parish school's silent auction. I just looked at the calendar, and Confirmation for the kids and Easter are coming up fast. That means I need to get all the rosaries I'm making for everyone done. Isn't it odd how fast the time flies! It seems like just yesterday we were getting ready for Christmas and already we're into the next holidays. I've got to get some of my Valentine's Day stuff ready and then work on the ones for St. Patrick's Day.
I'll see if I can get the banners up on another post. They really are neat. Wait until you see my logo! Tabatha does really great work. Thanks to her I now have items I can use to advertise my site. Now the real work begins, finding places to advertise that I can afford!
Until next time........

1 Comments:

Blogger Tabatha said...

Hi everyone! Laura's necklaces were absolutely beautiful. It was like she knew exactly what I was picturing. I will be getting her a picture soon so that she can post it here. Great job Laura!!!!

1/28/07, 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home