Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

DEEP FREEZE!

We are in the third day of an arctic deep freeze, along with more snow. Even the cats are having a hard time staying warm.
I'm working on some special orders and having fun doing it. I'm designing and making a birthstone necklace for a lady who is designing some banners and a logo for me to use to advertise. I'm also working on a wire wrapped sterling silver and amethyst rosary to be auctioned off to help the Catholic Biblical School. I'm finishing up my last year there, and went through on a scholarship. This is my way of giving back so others can do the same.
Looks like I'm going to have plenty to keep me busy for awhile. I'm finishing the rosaries I'm making for the RCIA class I help teach, and the ones for the Hispanic Confirmation kids. I also finally got some beads that are small enough to make rosaries to sell to the Hispanic community for their kids. They like the kids to wear them so they don't get lost and all the beads I had before were too big and made the rosaries too long. These are just the right size, so I'm going to get started on them soon also. I want to have them done in time for Confirmation, First Communion, and Easter.
In the middle of all this I also have some new design ideas running around in my head competing for time! I'm hoping to get to them also. However, this week is my semester final in my Biblical School class and the second to last before graduation. So studying is what I need to do most right now. Guess I'd better get back to it!
If you are anywhere in this deep freeze, STAY WARM!! Summer is going to be very welcome this year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

11/11/08, 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home