Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fun with wire and crystal!


The necklace I was making as a special order finally got to it's destination today. I was asked to make a free form filigree necklace and earrings with all of the birthstones of the family on it. It was really a lot of fun to work on making a design that would work, and then see it come into being! This is the result. The crystals on the top of the design are for my friend and her husband, and the 2 on either side and in the middle are the children. My friend treated herself to this for her 50th birthday. The earrings are an "S" swirl and have one of each of the birthstone colors on them.
The tag at the top is my logo stamped onto a sterling silver tag. I haven't been able to get the stuff that makes it black in the grooves so you can see it better. That's one of the things on the list of "things I need or want for my business". It's a VERY long list. It also keeps getting longer! It seems like there is always something new to learn, something new to use to make another kind of jewelry, and ALWAYS there is the need for more silver wire. That's a constant and a given!

I'm going to be selling rosaries and jewelry a couple of places in the next 2 weeks to help people get ready for Confirmation and First Communion and those that need Easter gifts. I've been working pretty non stop on rosaries for the past 2-3 weeks and while I love that part of my business, I think I'm going through withdrawal from the lack of designing and making jewelry. The ideas fill my head, I just haven't had time to do anything about it. I can't believe it's already Lent! Before I'm even ready, Easter will be here and I have a whole lot of rosaries to finish before then! This is a very busy time of year for most rosary makers. However, I love doing it, so it's really not a problem. The problem is finding the time I need. Have you ever wondered why they haven't figured out how to make 36-48 hour days?? I could sure use a few!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home