Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

In Hopes of Spring.....


It looks as though we might be getting out of the deep freeze next week! I'm still navigating the snow in front of my house every day, and trying not to fall on the ice! We've got so much snow, that if the temps go into the 40's next week like they say, I may be writing this next time from a boat. I've got 5 feet of snow piled up in my front yard that's been there since Christmas. When it melts we may have to swim out of here!


I ran into these shell beads and focal bead the other day, and the design just popped into my head. I've been working on it in between orders and rosaries for our parish and finally got it finished.
I like to incorporate fun into my designs and give people some movement. I find myself reaching for whatever necklace or earrings I'm wearing throughout the day, so I try to make some of my designs like that for others that do the same.
The crystal is Swarovski in one of the newest colors, vintage rose. I wasn't sure at first if I liked it, but with the right combination it really pops! The chain is handcrafted with fine silver wire and all findings are sterling silver.
Nothing like a touch of spring in the middle of winter.
Hope you have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home