Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Tis the Season!


One way or another, this time of year seems to get very hectic! While it's just a little over 2 weeks to Christmas, it seems like there is at least 4 weeks of things to get done.!


I've been working on a new way of making jewelry. I love the look of filigree, but since I'm not allowed to solder, I had to come up with another way of making it look as much like it as possible.

I decided to try wiring the elements together and see if I could achieve the same sort of look, but with maybe my twist on it. Here's the result. I think it came out pretty well, and I'm going to work on some other designs to see what I can do with this method. Hope you enjoy it. I'm working on earrings to match right now.

The chain on this is handcrafted with 20 gauge argentium silver wire and is a double chain on both sides.

Well, back to work! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home