Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The trials of the web...

I just found out that my domain had expired and someone bought it. My hosting company didn't let me know that it was up for renewal as they did last year, so I got caught with it expiring and of course, someone else bought it, probably with the thought of asking me to pay more for it to get it back.

Fortunately, a very good friend of mine has been working on my site to update it for me and she caught it. So, we're going for another version of my name and get it on another host and back up again. I am so blessed to have her helping me, since most of this still goes over my head. I'm not sure why, but learning all of this web stuff just makes my head go in circles and I only seem to be able to digest it a little at a time. Once I finally learn something, it seems to stick, it just takes me forever to learn it!

I'll let you know when the new one is back up again. We think it's going to be about the same http://www.rosariesjewelrybylaura.com/ just without the "and".

On another subject, I've only got one more month of taking the prednisone and then we'll see if I go into remission and can get rid of some of these side effects and actually feel like a human being again! To the pelvic fractures I've added 2 compression fractures in my thoracic spine which took some getting used to, but I can still work on making my rosaries and jewelry. Hopefully I can get through this without any more bones breaking. Since they do this spontaneously there isn't much I can do about it, but hope that once I'm done with the prednisone they will eventually heal.

At least it's never dull around here! To add to the fun, my car needs a completely new power steering system. Today it got new hoses. Next is the pump and last will be the rack and pinion. That's when I can save up enough money. Hopefully, when I get this car in good running condition, it won't end up being totalled like the last 2 were. Having someone run into me and total my car every fall is getting monotonous. At least this car is heavy enough that hopefully if it happens again next fall, no one will be hurt.

Well, back to work on my studies so I can work on my jewelry and get new things posted on my new website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home