Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Time

The last part of this year has certainly caught me by surprise! I can't believe it's December already, let alone almost a new year! We've had a very eventful fall. Right after my roommate had oral surgery, someone slammed into the back of my car when I was stopped at a red light and totaled it, (the car, not the light). Teresa then started her classes for her CNA licence, which went from 3 days a week the first class to 7 days a week, by the third class. It seems they forgot that Thanksgiving comes about the same time every year. Since her school is about a 25 mile drive, and I'm not only her transportation, but also fill in for her with the elderly parishioner she takes care of, our schedule has been on the hectic side. We've had to stop occasionally just to figure out where we're supposed to be next!

We got the first really cold blast of winter today. It didn't snow a whole lot, but boy it sure is cold out there! I'm still trying to get used to the sun going down so early now we're not on Daylight Savings time anymore. It seems like the day just gets started and it's almost over. I don't think I'll ever get used to the change in the fall.

A wonderful lady is starting a new gift shop in Oregon that showcases artists. She wanted me to send her some of both my rosaries and jewelry to put in her shop. I feel really lucky to get in on the ground floor, and hope this is successful for both our sakes! If you are near Burns, Oregon anytime, stop by J and L Arts and Crafts Gift shop and see all the neat stuff she's got up. I'm looking forward to working with her for a long time.

Well, guess it's time for me to start getting ready for bed. I teach a class on the rosary tomorrow morning, and then I have some custom orders to finish so people can give them as Christmas gifts. That only gives me a little over 2 weeks to get everything done. It will be, I just get a little fidgety when I start to get close to a deadline. I'm having so much fun working with all the wonderful beads and wire, I just want to take my time and enjoy the process. (I may have to enjoy it a little faster!)

Hope all of you are having a wonderful and blessed Advent and Christmas season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home