Distinctive Style & Design

I design and make rosaries and jewelry. Check here for new designs and ideas, sometimes before they make it to my web site. For more of my products see my web site: www.RosariesAndJewelryByLaura.com

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have been making rosaries for about 29 years, and jewelry for almost as long. I enjoy the whole process from beginning to end, and can usually be found to have a pair of pliers, wire and maybe some kind of beads in my hands, except possibly when I'm sleeping.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Firsts


This is my first blog and my first post. I'm hoping the learning curve on this is a little faster and shorter than it is on learning and setting up a web site! That one I'm still working on learning after almost 2 years! I'll be posting pictures of my work here as I go along, and probably before they make it to my web site.
For now, here is a picture of a Journey of Hope Awareness bracelet that I made for a friend of mine who just found out she had cancer. I hope to be able to offer these soon on my web site for anyone who would like to have one. The concept is that there are 2 charms that are permanent--the color of ribbon of the cancer or disease involved, and the angel holding the ribbon as a symbol of those in your life who are helping you through. The rest of the charms can be added as needed, from Faith, Hope, Cure, sandal for walking or running for a cure, support, etc. Some days you may need one more than others, some days you may need all of them.
I'm also going to be designing "supporter" bracelets for family and friends who are making the journey with you. Theirs will be with the color of the ribbon of yours, an angel, and a "support" charm.
Thanks for visiting!

1 Comments:

Blogger fosterscreations said...

Hello everyone. I had to come and comment on this lovely bracelet. I expressed my desire for a bracelet when my search for a bracelet for Endometrial Cancer came up empty. I found a few but not at all what I had in my mind. I was diaganosed with Endometrial Cancer on 8-24-06 and that is when my Journey began. I am scheduled for surgery on 10-9 and wanted a bracelet that would reflect my journey and my new mantra Faith, Hope, Survive. Laura captured it beautifully and I hope that she can help many others endure their journey with cancer.
Thank you again Laura you are the best.
I can do all things through Christ Who Strenghtens me...Phillipians 4:13
Shannon
Faith, Hope, Survive

9/19/06, 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home